Dec 24 2009
Fried chicken has been the most favourite meal for each generation in no matter which country people live in. I believe that each country have their own way of serving and cooking their special style of fried chicken. And I believe that each home have their own favourite recipes for fried chicken. Mothers… specially know how to capture their children’s hearts by preparing the foods which they like, and… the taste that they love.
In Indonesia itself, there are many types of fried chicken. Indonesia is a country which is rich with spices and many types of agriculture products. Indonesia is also rich with the cultures, people with different backgrounds and languages, but we have one national flag and language.
Before KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) entered the market of fried chicken in Indonesia and introducing western style fried chicken in our country for the first time more than a couple of decades ago, I only knew the traditional fried chicken which my mom used to cooked for us. Traditional Indonesian fried chicken are marinated in spices such as tamarind, turmeric, ginger, garlic, etc. In different article I will post the recipe for fried chicken using indian spices and yoghurt.
For this recipe, I have modified the original recipe according to my taste.
- 500 gms chicken – cut in medium pieces
- 2 pcs onions – make a rough paste
- 2 pcs garlic – make a rough paste
- 1 pcs egg
- 200 gms plain flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Oil to fry
How to make:
- Wash the chicken and pat dry with the tissue towel
- Marinate the chicken with the mixture of garlic, onion, half tsp of pepper and 1 tsp salt. Keep for about 1-2 hours
- Mix the flour with the rest of the pepper and salt
- Whisk the egg in separate bowl
- Heat the oil
- Take one piece of chicken, dip in the egg and after that cover it with the flour
- Fry until golden brown
- Serve with chilli and tomato sauce