Sep 16 2008
This is actually my modified recipe of the Indonesian egg cuisine which is called “Telur Balado” or egg in red chili sauce. In India, egg curry is cooked differently with many spices which are blended to make a thick paste curry.
I’m not really liking the curry which is cooked with the egg, I’ve tried many type of egg curries but none to my liking. I really missed the egg in red chili sauce of Indonesian style, but I always have a problem in finding the fresh red chili pepper. In India, the season for fresh red chili pepper only come once in the year, normally by end of the winter, and by that time people will dry the peppers and store them or grind them to make red chili powder.
So, I have come up with my own recipe to make my own egg cuisine, and I have replaced the red chili pepper with green chili, red chili powder and chopped tomatoes.
- 4 pcs egg – boiled
- Oil to fry
- 2 pcs tomatoes – chopped
- 1 pc onion
- 2 pcs green chilies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbs red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
How to make:
- Fry the boiled egg until the color turn golden brownish (about 5 minutes) – be very careful with the oil blast, if possible cover the pan while frying the egg.
- Heat 1 tbs oil
- Fry the onion and green chilies, saute until the onion soft and the good smell comes out
- Add the chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cook until the tomatoes soft and the juice thicken
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and sugar
- Add the fried egg and mix well
Serve hot with the steam rice